Vacant Home Insurance

Your Frisco Vacant Home Insurance Agent

As an independent insurance agent, Parkwood Insurance can get you the best coverage for your vacant home. Whether you’re doing extensive renovations or you are on away travelling for a prolonged period of time, you may need vacant home insurance to cover your liability risks. Parkwood Insurance has you covered.

Why Do I Need Vacant Home Insurance?

Your home may be considered “vacant” if it is left empty for 30 or more days. So leaving your home for several weeks, can potentially void your homeowners insurance coverage. 

The insurance requirements for a vacant home are different than an occupied home. If your home becomes vacant, your homeowners policy may give your insurer the ability to cancel mid-term, lower coverage levels or even deny a claim. 

Thus, you need a policy that is specific to the risks of a vacant property so you are not left without adequate insurance coverage should anything happen. 

This is because a vacant home is at a greater risk to vandalism, theft, weather-related perils and fire. 

There are several scenarios that could occur that would leave your property empty such as going on a vacation for a prolonged period of time, a prolonged hospital stay, renovations, renting or selling. 

What Does Vacant Home Insurance Cover?

Vacant property insurance generally includes:

Vandalism coverage: Protects you from graffiti or any other intentional damage 

Named peril coverage: Covers losses from mentioned perils such as hail and hurricane damage

Total loss coverage: Coverage for the total cost of replacing the property 

Partial loss coverage: Coverage to partially replace the damaged areas of the property

Liability coverage: Protects you from bodily injury and property damage sustained by others while they are on the property