Parkwood Insurance

Serving DFW + Texas SINCE 1998

Your Frisco Condo Insurance Agent

Your condo will generally need to be insured by two sources – the condo unit owner (you) and the condo association. Sound confusing? Don’y worry at Parkwood Insurance will make sure you understand exactly what is and isn’t covered by your condo association and what policy you need to ensure that your condo is fully protected.

Do I Need Condo Insurance?

Condo insurance (also referred to as an H0-6 policy) covers your condo unit past where your condo association insurance stops. Your association typically only insures the physical structure/building and other common areas.

Association by-laws vary, but condo owners are generally responsible for the interior of their unit, or from the drywall in. Things like your floors, walls, cabinets and fixtures that your association’s insurance likely doesn’t cover.

Getting a copy of those by-laws is a good idea so you can understand what your responsibilities are in the event of a claim. We can help you understand the fine print.

Condo insurance for Town-homes

It’s also important to understand that some town-homes are insured like condos, and therefore require an H0-6 policy.

If you live in a town-home, be sure that you have the correct type of insurance.

Parkwood Insurance is here to help you understand the differences between a homeowners policy and a condo policy.